Wednesday 21 March 2007

Yet More Abandoned Concepts!


Last year me and some friends had some ideas to start a gaming comic (not that anybody else has ever tried that) and this is one of the strips i came up with. Somebody was playing Nintendogs a lot at that point. I do genuinely like this one, I also did one based on Animal Crossing and a few others but they were fairly awful so the plan gradually fell apart. I hope no-one else wrote a comic just like this, I'm getting the feeling I've seen something similar before..If I have, they nicked it from me. The general idea is that dogs are the only animals responsive and subservient enough to respond to the commands that players are supposed to scare other people on the bus with by shouting into the Nintendo DS mic, in case the image is too small the words are:
Panel 1: Nintencats, shouted commands- 'Fetch!', 'Roll over!', Shake hands!'
Panel 2: Nintensloth, shouted commands- 'MOVE!'
Panel 3: Nintenameoba, shouted commands- 'Reproduce asexually!'
I suppose Nintenameoba is basically getting made now, isn't this the premise of the first stages of that game Spore?
Now Playing: Magnetic Fields- 69 Love Songs. I bought this the other day and assumed the title was jokey, but no, it really is 69 separate love songs, and its brilliant. It's all very poppy and fun, they aren't all traditional love songs, it's really varied and quite probably genius. Haven't managed to make it all the way through in one sitting yet though, I'll give it a go next time I start reading a very long book.
Favourite tracks: 'How Fucking Romantic', 'A Chicken With It's Head Cut Off'

No comments: