Tuesday 20 March 2007

Summery music and grainy photos


Another tip-top quality webcam picture, the only way I seem to be able to draw hands today are like miniature wings, but seeing as this alien guy is falling through the air, it may help him out.

It's a nice day today so I have been compiling a summery playlist on napster (even though it snowed earlier, I'm imagining that it's summer) and have concluded that the best tune to imagine it's summer to is Jurassic 5s 'Concrete Schoolyard' which reminds me of driving around in July in my last year of school with my (failed) band to pick up a drum kit that I couldn't really afford. Should probably have listened to my dad when he said I'd get bored of it pretty quickly. Oh well. Other luvverly summery songs- Beach Boys, 'Feel Flows', which was on the Almost Famous soundtrack I think, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins cover of the Traveling Wilburys 'Handle With Care', which features some cool cameos from other acts on the Saddle Creek label, I think I recognised Conor Oberst and the guy from Cursive singing the chorus. Also the first single from the most recent Flaming Lips album, 'Yeah Yeah Yeah Song', which should be listened to very loudly in headphones to hear the bouncy catchiness, and the entire of the Violent Femmes eponymous debut album- 'Blister in the Sun' and 'Good Feeling' especially. I haven't actually heard any of their later albums, I get the impression that they had a bad case of quality debut album syndrome that made all the rest seem a bit washed out in comparison, like the Electric Soft Parade (anyone else remember them?), but unlike the Stereophonics, whose later albums were just half-arsed and dreary compared to Word Gets Around, one of those completely radio friendly hook filled britpop records (like supergrass' first) that actually still holds up. I reckon. Music music music music. Bye bye internet.
Now Playing: Beach Boys- Surfs Up/Sunflower

No comments: